Why spending time by yourself is essential?
Some people think that being alone indicates that a person is antisocial, an introvert, or unfriendly, but this is not how I feel. While spending time with a group of people may be enjoyable, it is equally beneficial to spend time by oneself alone occasionally. I spend a lot of time alone myself, and the benefits I have noticed are as follows:
1. Self exploration-
We tend to analyze things more and strive to understand ourselves when we are alone ourselves. Time alone is beneficial for studying our hidden aspects and for understanding what we already know about ourselves.
2. Staying by ourselves leads to rebooting-
In front of other people, we usually put on a mask. We only let a select few individuals see who we indeed are and how we truly feel. When there are no people around, we can recharge. We become more sociable when we do so because we are more at ease.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" -Buddha
3. Coming up with solutions-
When one is alone, one tends to think more, which allows us to come up with answers to issues for which we otherwise lack the time. We can deliberate calmly and get a better outcome.
4. A broader vision- Once we start to stay alone, we begin to pay close attention to even the smallest elements. As we are paying attention to everything, this broadens our perspectives. We can concentrate on the things around us since there aren't many distractions.
5. You will start doing the things which you actually enjoy- One can engage in activities that they actually enjoy. Since there are no other individuals around, the person would not do anything forcefully. He or she need not make compromises when performing. When you are by alone, it's easy to discover what you enjoy doing more.
6. Feeling independent- Being alone reduces one's reliance on people for happiness and other activities. When someone achieves independence, their confidence also rises.
7. No need for validation from others- In general, we have a tendency of getting a second opinion before making a choice. The need for validation will diminish as you begin to spend more time alone, and you will naturally trust your instincts and make decisions on your own.
It's not true that being by yourself is always advantageous. Given that many of them are accustomed to being near others, it can have a detrimental effect on them. Whether one chooses to see things positively or negatively relies entirely on their mentality.